If everyone lived "with our future in mind", do you think that we would live differently? (different habits, behaviors, etc)
This is a difficult question to answer because I truly feel it is dependent upon the person. I think it also depends a lot on age, gender, culture and beliefs. I do however believe that most of us would live differently if we were keeping the future close in mind. I think that being diagnosed with a chronic disease, especially one that is known to be fatal at some point really changes a persons point of view on how they should live their life. It is often only when we are aware of our own mortality that we appreciate life to the fullest. I think as we each examine our plans, goals, hopes, dreams and aspirations for the future we realize where our priorities are and what we value most and alter our lifestyle according. I encourage each of you to sit down and really think about what things you find most important in your life and whether or not you are living your life in a manner that reflects those priorities or not?
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that all these factors will make people act differently when really looking at the future. But I think that that is part of the problem now. Young people don't think about the future. Middle age people don't have the time to worry about it because they have families to worry about. Old people think that it's too late to do anything about their health. It's sad that for many the only time they think about the future is when faced with their mortality in the form of illness.
ReplyDelete